The Greater Lincolnshire LEP (LEP), as secretariat for the GLDSN is known as the "Controller" of the personal data you provide to us. For more information on the LEP please visit www.greaterlincolnshirelep.co.uk.
Why do we collect your personal data?
We collect this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We will keep you informed with relevant legitimate business activity and requirements
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we believe is relevant using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We will not collect any personal data that we do not need in order to provide this service and as far as is reasonable and practicable, will ensure that the information recorded is accurate and kept up to date.
What personal data do we collect?
We will collect the personal data about you in order to help us deliver the right service.
The personal data we will collect includes:
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
Who do we get your personal data from?
This information is collected in a number of ways:
- Provided to us directly by you when you sign up to receive updates; or to use a product we are providing;
- Provided by another professional organisation involved in the provision of services
- Provided by another professional organisation to allow the research and intelligence necessary to the LEP performing its statutory functions.
Professional organisations include other LEP products and services including Business Lincolnshire, Team Lincolnshire, and Lincolnshire County Council.
Who do we share your data with?
The type of service you receive and your personal circumstances will dictate who we share your personal data with. Where applicable, we will share your data with organisations that deliver services on behalf of the Greater Lincolnshire LEP.
We will only share information when it is necessary to do so and in accordance with the law.
We work with third party suppliers to deliver LEP website, design, PR and events functions and hold the relevant data sharing requirements and contracts to ensure the legal management of data is enforced when sharing.
How long do we keep your data for?
We are required to retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary, after which it will be securely destroyed by the Greater Lincolnshire LEP or the specific requirements of the organisation who has shared the data with us.
Retention periods can vary and will depend on various criteria including the purpose of processing, regulatory and legal requirements, and internal organisational need.
Retention periods are defined within Lincolnshire County Council's retention guidelines, which the LEP employs.
How do we keep your data safe?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and have an information assurance framework in place with Lincolnshire County Council which to ensure that appropriate technical and organisational measures are in place to help keep your information secure and to reduce the risk of loss and theft.
Access to information is strictly controlled based on the role of the professional.
All staff are required to undertake regular data protection training and must comply with a variety of security policies designed to keep your information secure.
Your personal data is not processed outside of the EU by Greater Lincolnshire LEP.
You have a number of rights which relate to your personal data.
You are entitled to request access to any personal data we hold about you and you can also request a copy.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate whether or not you wish to receive future contact from us.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us here.
You can also request that we correct any personal data we hold about you that you believe is inaccurate; request that we erase your personal data; request that we stop processing all or some of it and request that automated decisions are made by a person.
We are obliged to consider and respond to any such request within one calendar month.
If you wish to make a request or make a complaint about how we have handled your personal data please follow the following link:
- The Data Protection Officer at DPO@lincolnshire.gov.uk.
Alternatively, you can contact the Greater Lincolnshire LEP by writing to:
- Ruth Carver
Greater Lincolnshire LEP Lincolnshire County Council, Council Offices, Newland, Lincoln, LN1 1YL
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) www.ico.org.uk.
Policy 11: Privacy Notice Policy
Reviewed: November 2020
Review Date: November 2022
Policy Lead Officer: Kate Storey