The GLRDSC has an ambition to grow the already significant cluster of defence and security businesses in the region.
Finding new funding opportunities, winning new business with an existing and new customer base and accessing the right kind of funding and finance are key to any business’ success.
Below are important links to contract opportunities and funding opportunities. The GLRDSC will keep members update on new developments and opportunities.
Ministry of Defence
- MoD Defence Sourcing Portal : The Defence Sourcing Portal is the new e-sourcing platform and one-stop-shop for contract opportunities, tendering and information on doing business with the Ministry of Defence
- Defence and Security Accelerator : At the Defence &Security Accelerator (DASA), they find and fund exploitable innovation to support UK defence and security quickly and effectively, and support UK prosperity:
- Defence Technology Exploitation Programme - A £16 million programme to boost small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) defence innovation
- Ideas Marketplace - The Ideas Marketplace is an online networking Collaboration Platform where UK innovators can discuss, collaborate and share ideas with like-minded users to overcome defence and security challenges and help deliver the next generation of defence and security tools and services.
Local Opportunities and Support
- MOD Acquisition pipeline tool: Brings together funding-related announcements published over the past 12 months on gov.uk by the Ministry of Defence and the Defence and Security Accelerator.
- Greater Lincolnshire LEP Funding Tracker: GLLEP has invested in a tool which brings together all the major calls for funding across sectors
- Greater Lincolnshire Defence and Security Inward Investment Proposition
- Team Lincolnshire - Team Lincolnshire is a fast-growing ambassador programme made up of ambitious public and private organisations working together to make our region an even more desirable place to live, learn, work and invest.
Innovation and Exporting
- Innovate UK - Innovate UK helps businesses develop new products, services, and processes they need to grow through innovation
- Exporting is Great – Find overseas contracts, tenders and projects
- KTN - Positive change is driven through new ideas and innovation. But innovation is complex. Sometimes projects need connected with new opportunities or looked at from new perspectives to make the difference.
Business Support and Local Representative Organisations
- Business Lincolnshire Growth Hub - Business Lincolnshire is set up to help support Greater Lincolnshire based businesses to start and grow. Business Lincolnshire hosts a Growth Hub – a single place to go to for business experts and mentors, support and guidance, grants and finance
- Lincolnshire Chamber of Commerce - the Chamber of Commerce supports a local business network through a variety of events and networking opportunities, PR and marketing support, signposting opportunities and International Trade support
- Federation of Small Business - The mission of the FSB is to help smaller businesses achieve their ambitions through a range of vital business services including advice, financial expertise, support and a powerful voice heard in government
- Institute of Directors - The IoD is a thriving member community for directors in the UK and beyond, offering professional development, valuable connections and influence.